Sorry I have not been posting as often as I said, but
- I have been busier than I anticipated
- Not much to report, sales have been very slow.
The current tally is:
I am definitely not going to quit my day job.
Currently I am very disappointed with the Playbook sales. I was featured on a couple of web sites Playbook Daily and BestPBApps I admit they are not the Times, but I only sold 4 apps based on this coverage.
Norkal’s Space Maze of DOOM!!! is also a featured app in BlackBerry App World but over the weekend that only led to 4 sales. (damn you Olympics?)
On the iPad side I have been busy posting on forums and sending our press releases, nada on the forums, nada on the press releases, but then there is a longer lead time.
So what do I do next?
Unlike coding I do not know how to find the correct answer?
- Was my Press Release missing the target?
- Does the “Cartoon” style turn of my target audience?
- Is the app too expensive?
- Does the description not work?
- Do I need better icons?
- Is there some other problem?
- Do I just need more time?
More importantly when do I start panicking and/or give up?
My current plan of attack is:
- Wait and see what happens with App World? Will sales pick up?
- Get the iPhone version ready
- Create a free (ad) version for the iPhone/iPad, not keen on this since the ad does pollute the purity of the game.
I have also been working with apppromoter.com to improve my copy/press release/pr distribution, but I am currently leaning towards a more formal “re-release” when the free iPhone/iPad app is ready
My wife asked me how you make money on a free game, I replied volume.