I am working on a New Game!!!

Now that NSMOD is basically done and in the can.  I was thinking about starting on my next game, then I got this idea out of the blue.

This idea screams Write Me.

If you like Tetris like games you will love this new game, I think it is familiar and yet very unique.  The best part for me is that it will be so easy to write (no custom levels, it will just get harder).

So barring any major major projects with my day job I should have this game done before xmas.

Not much to report

Well Norkal’s Space Maze of DOOM!!! has not been selling gangbusters so I have not had any numbers to report.

We have not sold more than 20 for any platform, 0 on Amazon MarketPlace.

I have done a couple of things, lets see what works and what doesn’t

1. I have created a Free To Play version of Norkal for the iPad and iPhone.  This version is Ad supported and includes 90% of the functionality, there is a unlock feature to give you the other 10%.  I submitted this to the App Store last week.

1a. I have updated my artwork in the App Store

1b. I have updated my app description in the AppStore

1c. When this is available I am going to kick of a massive PR mailing.

2. I am having a back 2 school sale on the Playbook version (now $0.99) hopefully I will be featured again and we will see what happens.

2a. I have updated my Description in App World.

3. Marbles – Before the Playbook RIM had a promotion where they would give a free Playbook to anyone who submits an App, Marbles was my participation in this program and was released before I even had my Playbook.  Marbles is also a good example of why you have to test your application on the target platform.  Marbles works really well on the PC (with a mouse) but did not work that well with touch, the jack would go off in all different directions.

By the time I discovered these issues my Adobe development kit had expired and I was not interested in paying to update a free app.

Last week I noticed that Marbles has had almost 9,000 downloads, despite some really bad reviews.

I have fixed up the “Flick” mechanism and now the game play is actually rather fun.  I have not juiced up the graphics so it still lacks “Polish” but it is still free and now has a link to Norkal’s Space Maze of DOOM!!!

Marbles came out on Thursday and already has over 175 Downloads.  So I guess free works, I will see how my free iPad version goes before deciding what to do next.